[rc5] Blocks

Darrell Fuhriman darrell at grumblesmurf.net
Wed Oct 8 21:30:11 EDT 1997

Dan Ports <danz at lanminds.com> writes:

>      If someone is requesting blocks and not processing them, they
> should be rechecked eventually... it may take a while, but the key will

Yes, that's what I said.

> likely still be found. However, if blocks are requested and returned as
> checked, and one happens to be the block containing the correct key (as

Which is trivial to make happen with just a bit of assembler
hacking.  A bit more and it doesn't even have to bother checking
the key.  I don't need to know the protocol to make the client
lie to the server.

That's why this "no source code" thing is so stupid.  If the
source code were released, the dozens of simple requests that
people have made would be done in a matter of days.  It's stupid,
stupid, stupid, stupid.

Darrell