[rc5] Blocks

Darrell Fuhriman darrell at grumblesmurf.net
Wed Oct 8 23:22:28 EDT 1997

"dan carter" <daniel.carter at stonebow.otago.ac.nz> writes:

> However the number of people who find assembler hacking a trivial task
> is a far far smaller number, than the number of people who find making
> a change in C code trivial.

True.

> Thus not releasing source code, greatly reduces the number of people
> able to spam the servers.

Bullshit.  All I have to do is post here saying "apply this
patch and bogus blocks will be sent."

That's like saying you have to be a good programmer to break into
systems... you don't.  you just have to have someone write a
program to do it for you... which is how most break-ins happen.

If I'm interested in messing up the servers, then it's in my best
interest to see that as many people who want to can do so --
without having to know how to do it themselves.

Darrell... who's somewhat tempted to actually do so, just to
prove his point..