[rc5] rc5 nicness

Christian Holmqvist pt95cho at student.hk-r.se
Thu Oct 9 11:07:27 EDT 1997

At 22:37 1997-10-07 -0400, you wrote:
>I think the point is, the GC has been designed to run or work only when
>the system is idle. So no matter how high its priority, it won't do any
>work as long as RC5 is taking up all the CPU time.

Correct, and I as a developer can't realy do anything about it.

>I think there is a workaround which may offer a "glimpse of hope" to the
>poor GC. Set your RC5 client to work only 1 block and then submit. I
>assume that that when RC5 client makes the network connection, there will
>be some idle time enough for the GC to work. WIth more frequent
>submission, chances are higher that network delay may help the GC.

This is how I'm running the client right now and it works cause I'm och a
T1 connection. But I got some computers thats on a modem and it is simply
to mutch hassard to have the modem to call our ISP every 10-30 minute. It
cost to mutch and it will interfear with the "real" work to often.

Cheers Christian
-----
Christian Holmqvist
Phone 0457-66079

Software engineer student at  University of Karlskrona-Ronneby,
V.Ordf RISC
Institution committee of  IDE
Irc-Nick: ACROO typ....

***
You put a baby in a crib with an apple and a rabbit. If it eats the rabbit
and plays with the apple, I'll buy you a new car. -Harvey Diamond
***