[rc5] rc5 nicness

Thu Oct 9 09:25:27 EDT 1997

On Wed, 08 Oct 1997 22:37:16 +0200, Christian Holmqvist wrote:

>Even more stupied...
>
>When I join a mailing list I'm hoping for serious answears on serious
>questions... could you pleas grant me with that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Option C seems like a perfectly valid suggestion.  Depending on the availability of idle cycles appears problematic on a Win system.  They may simply never become available.  The programmer needs to understand this limitation and solve the problem.  I can think of many situtations where idle time is never available.  Just run an old DOS program that sits there and polls the keyboard.

Your other alternative is to use a real operating system that never allows any program to starve for lack of resources.

Skip Huffman
Carreker-Antinori
Atlanta Office
Quality Group
"A penny saved may be a penny earned, but it's a waste of
 a deposit slip and it really pisses off the tellers."