[rc5] rc5 nicness

Christian Holmqvist pt95cho at student.hk-r.se
Fri Oct 10 08:10:16 EDT 1997

At 21:23 1997-10-09 -0400, you wrote:
>Christian Holmqvist wrote:
>
>> The GC knows that there is SysIdle time when the System Idle process is
>> sending out system idle event. The idéa is to let RC5 client fake the
>> SysIdle process so the system still thinks it got system idle time even
>> though it hasn't.
>
>So make it be idle!
>Under Unix/Linux/etc., you can just send it the SIGSTOP signal, wait a
>few seconds, and then send it SIGCONT.

Well first of all I'm not running UNIX... I'm running NT and the client as
a service. So there is no shell script lang to play around with...

>Or you could have it process (say) 1 or 2 blocks per run, and control
>it from a shell script like this:

To run 1 or 2 blocks solves the problem temporarly but not in a good way.

The problem of cource is a MS Java VM bug and is hopfully corrected soon.
But for now we have to live with it and hopfully version 2.006 of RC5 will
compensate for it.

Cheers Christian
-----
Christian Holmqvist
Phone 0457-66079

Software engineer student at  University of Karlskrona-Ronneby,
V.Ordf RISC
Institution committee of  IDE
Irc-Nick: ACROO typ....

***
You put a baby in a crib with an apple and a rabbit. If it eats the rabbit
and plays with the apple, I'll buy you a new car. -Harvey Diamond
***