[rc5] Blocks

Mishari Muqbil mishari at thepentagon.com
Fri Oct 10 17:40:58 EDT 1997

Darrell Fuhriman wrote:

> Mishari Muqbil <mishari at thepentagon.com> writes:
>
> > If you want to code your own clients, just code it from the damn V1 source code will ya?
> > The support for it will continue until the Rc5 effort is finished. PERIOD. NO BUTS.
>
> I don't want to code my own damn client.  I want to help improve
> the ones that are there.  I want to make the personal proxy work
> through a firewall.  I want to do SPARC optimizations.

As I said, if you want to show us what you can do, modify the V1 source with your
optimization. If you can do that, then they'll prolly consider you to do v2. That's how most
the other coders who are doing v2 now are in the coding team. It's no use putting in
HTTP support because http tunneling is painfully slow and it will massivly bog down the
keyservers with the amount of blocks that a personal proxy gives out and recieves at a time.

If you want the firewall features, don't use the proxy then, just do it directly with the
clients. New one coming out have pretty good support for it.

> > Quit whining about how the v2 client is not avail. If you code
> > in your feature, and email the rc5help at slacker.com and if it's
> > not already done better by the team and ready to be released,
> > they'll take on your offer to do the enhancements on the v2
> > client.  THAT SIMPLE. No need to reverse engineer anything.
>
> Bullshit, as many here have testified, mail to the developers gets
> ignored, or replied to with "go away."
>
> People are asking to help and being essentially told to fuck off.

Well, the main way to help is to run the client isn't it? Maybe it's because we've already
got loads of people who are helping out already. As I said earlier. If you have an ingenious
modification to make. Make it on the v1 and show it to the coders!

> > Definitely not here... least not yet. If you think you can do
> > it, try to code it from the V1 client. If you can get it
> > ANYWHERE near the speed. You'll probably get your life long
> > desire to do a V2 port.
>
> I personally don't give a rat's left ass about java, I want to
> add much requested features to the existing clients.

Go ahead. v1. Look, that's the way you prove your competence to code the client to us.
(THE best way I can put it). Most people claim they can help out in the coding after reading
through "C for Dummies Vol. 1" .: If you can code it, code it into the V1 then you can do the
same thing in the much harder v2. Or atleast show us a sample of what you are capable of in
v1.

Best Regards
Mishari.