[rc5] rc5 nicness

Tim Charron tcharron at interlog.com
Fri Oct 10 08:48:03 EDT 1997

> OK, I'm an NT user.  Get the resource kit (or write your own sleep.exe, or run the scheduler and fire the script off occasionally)

The next released version of rc5 for Win95/winnt will be even
more 'nice' in niceness 0.  Instead of just doing a
	SetPriorityClass( GetCurrentProcess(), IDLE_PRIORITY_CLASS )
it will also do a
	SetThreadPriority(GetCurrentThread() ,THREAD_PRIORITY_IDLE )
in each thread when niceness=0.  Niceness level 1 will remain
unchanged (which, incidentally acts the same as niceness 0 in prior
versions).

The first line sets the base priority to 4, and the second sets it to
1.  Any other process that does a
SetPriorityClass(GetCurrentProcess(), IDLE_PRIORITY_CLASS ) will take
precedence over rc5.

-- Tim
Tim Charron
tcharron at interlog.com