[rc5] Unsolicited email

Michael Zieger m.zieger at kem.ac.at
Sat Oct 11 14:21:20 EDT 1997

At 16:03 08.10.97 -0500, Brian B. Burton wrote:
>[snip]
>In my case, I run a mail server. Some idiot using UUnet is systematically
>using my mail server to bounce spam to AOL. this will cause AOL to ban me
>and all of the other legitimate users of my system from sending mail to
>existing friends and clients on AOL.
>[snip]

Configure your mail server and the firewall to only allow _senders_ from
within your own domain.

;-) mike

// Michael Zieger
//-- Any CPU time left?    Help us at: http://zmi.kem.ac.at/rc5.html
//-- Crack RC5             Every CPU will help get the $1.000 reward
//	It is unlawful to use this email address for unsolicited ads
//	(USC Title 47 Sec.227). I will assess a US$500 charge for
//	reviewing and deleting each unsolicited ad.
// End Of Mail