[rc5] Proxy servers refusing connections and being stingy with blocks

Brian Greul (Exch) bbraf08 at exch-imc.b-r.com
Mon Oct 13 10:10:55 EDT 1997

I was wondering if anyone else keeps getting "connection refused" from
various proxy servers.
I have this happening on two networks that I run and am running some
clients through a personal proxy server...
Its a real pain in the A** when you work to get your machines performing
and then they can't submit their work, or worse yet, they run out of new
blocks to process.

I have discovered that I used to be able to grab 100 blocks a shot for
as many shots as I wanted with the fetch command.
Now I can have 25 blocks up til I have 25 blocks in my proxy server.
Then I can only get 1 block at a time.
This is really annoying.
It also happens on two different networks.
I have one network crunching 1.3M/keys sec
and another doing .4mkeys.
Both are on dialup connections, so I like to grab say 500 to 1000 blocks
on the large one, and around 500 blocks on the little one.
That way I don't have to worry about running out of blocks over the
weekend.
And, more importantly, I can shut the door on the computers at home and
have a weekend.

Any thoughts