[rc5] Proxy servers refusing connections and being stingy with blocks

Nathan Barber nbarber at fwb.gulf.net
Tue Oct 14 01:58:08 EDT 1997

Me too.. you would also be amazed at how much better the network stuff is
when you use IP numbers and not names.  I also setup a "local" DNS rotation
with 8 main proxy servers hard wired.  This keeps all my clients from
hitting the net for name lookups when checking blocks in/out.  I take the
chance of a server being down, but I get an extra 2-3% from each client
since the "sleeping for 3 seconds" error is history.

Nathan

107th and Nugget dead ahead :-)