[rc5] Adam Beberg and Cyberian

Marc Sissom msissom at dnaent.com
Tue Oct 14 12:25:48 EDT 1997

Ryan Krueger wrote:

> I've been working with Carsten Jacobi,
> carsten at jakes.kawo1.rwth-aachen.de
> on an enhanced PowerPC engine based on the v1 client.
>  Actually he's  been doing it all, I've just been bouncing
> ideas off him so far.
>
> The engine is faster than the best PowerPC client yet.
>
> We've been frustrated with the lack of support from the
> leadership--Carsten sent a message to Adam Beberg and got no reply.
> I've gone through every reason to stay but have none left.  We've
> decided to go to Cyberian.
>
> You know Adam, at least some reply is better than none.

You should not consider this a complete loss to the bovine effort.
It is just a loss of time. The Cyberian source code is published
so... don't worry, if your core code is significantly faster than
the others, the bovine coding crew can just pick up the source
from the Cyberian ftp site and add your ideas to the next rev.