[rc5] Adam Beberg and Cyberian

Adam L. Beberg beberg at distributed.net
Tue Oct 14 19:57:30 EDT 1997

On Tue, 14 Oct 1997, Ryan Krueger wrote:
> We've been frustrated with the lack of support from the
> leadership--Carsten sent a message to Adam Beberg and got no reply.  I've
> gone through every reason to stay but have none left.  We've decided to
> go to Cyberian.

Yes, I get buried in email - somewhere around 350 messages a day now
from all my lists and things, and most of it gets auto-filtered, so no, I
probably didn't respond unless you had a couple keywords in the subject
line.

I don't work on the clients anymore, I stopped running the client devel
team after 2.002 to work on the design for v3 and on the web site, which
you'll notice is now up. My time is finite, and so several other people
run the lists, the #rc5 IRC channel, and other resources - all of which
are readily available.

The proper channels for people with a _serious_ interest in working on the
clients has been and is posting to the rc5-coders at llamas.net mailing
list.

Sorry you didn't get a responce, but you should have also tried other
methods to contact the devel team. I recommend #rc5 on EFnet as the
first place to look for help or a live admin at any given time of the day.

- Adam L. Beberg
  beberg at distributed.net
  distributed.net coordinator
  http://www.iit.edu/~beberg/