[rc5] is the contest over?

Seth Dillingham seth at snet.net
Mon Oct 20 22:21:37 EDT 1997

Tom Wells (tom at Jellydonut.COM), on 10/20/1997 9:07 PM, wrote the
following:

>A friend and I briefly saw the RSA Contests Page show that the
>RC5-56 has been solved as of 11:20 am.  Anyone want to verify this?
>The stats haven't been updated since 2pm GMT, so we're wondering if
>it's true.
>
>Tom

I think you may have confused it with the 48 bit contest, which is over.

I just checked, it's still marked as "ongoing".

I don't know why the stats haven't been updated, though. Nugget's
probably changing something, he likes to tinker. :)

Seth

              seth at snet.net
http://macrobyte.simplenet.com/sethspeak/
     http://www.distributed-mac.net/