[rc5] Lost blocks?

Slim slim at ipapilot.org
Mon Oct 20 23:48:18 EDT 1997

Today I attempted manually to turn in about 100 blocks. After all but 9
had been turned in, I got a network error. I tried again, and the
remaining 9 were turned in, and the log showed the message "Sent 9 blocks
to server," or whatever it says.

Later I checked the individual host stats, and sure enough that particular
host showed a total of 9 blocks turned in, not 100 or so.

So the question is, where are the missing blocks? Did I get credit for
them? If I didn't, did they at least get marked as checked? Or are they
just plain gone, to be checked again if we reach the end of the keyspace?

Chris Johnson