[rc5] The contest over? Naaaahhh...

Mike Marcelais michmarc at MICROSOFT.com
Tue Oct 21 11:39:12 EDT 1997

> Tom Wells said that he and a friend thought they saw somewhere on
> RSA's
> pages that the contest was over, and since then a bunch of people
> (including myself) seem to have run over to the RSA page to find out
> if
> it's true or not.
>
>      "Didn't see it on the Announce list."
>      "Didn't see it on the RC5 or RC5-Mac list."
>      "Didn't see it on the distributed.net site."
>      "... so?"
>      "Better go look at RSA's page anyway."

What about the possibility that someone besides Bovine solved the puzzle
and reported it solved?  I could easily see RSA's site having newer
information than distributed.net if a nonBovine team submitted the
solution.

| Mike Marcelais         | MS Office Developer  |
| michmarc at microsoft.com | and Magic Rules Guru |