[rc5] I GOT THE KEY !

Jo Hermans Jo.Hermans at vub.ac.be
Thu Oct 23 14:56:48 EDT 1997

(it took a while before I could send this message, because of problems
with my email-account)

Yes, I was the head of that team (jo at dinf.vub.ac.be)

http://dinf.vub.ac.be/bovine

We found the key on Sunday 19th, around 13:25:06 GMT. I got a call from
Nugget Tuesday around 06:30 GMT, and he asked to keep it quiet for 36
hours, until RSA had made their press-release.

BTW, I saw some 'tongue in cheek' messages from Nuget on the mailing
list, like the one below. Funny !

>              Re: [rc5] The contest over? Naaaahhh...
>        Date:
>              Tue, 21 Oct 1997 09:16:06 -0500
>       From:
>              David McNett <nugget at slacker.com>
>          To:
>              rc5 at llamas.net
>

> Icepick says:
> >Isn't the % complete that is shown on the stats, based upon the number
> >of blocks returned?  If so, when we're 100% complete, we're done.  There
> >are no blocks left to check.
>
> This is 100% correct.  :)
>
> -/\/ugget

Sorry about this late reaction, but I'm currently having a HUGE
headache, and the party hasn't started yet ...

--
Jo Hermans
System Manager WFS, Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Belgium

Office: Jo.Hermans at vub.ac.be  +32-2-629.35.19  http://dinf.vub.ac.be/~jo
Home  : jhermans at innet.be     +32-3-226.57.86
http://www.innet.be/~jhermans

Maintains the Antwerp Blues Scene :