[rc5] Problem with RC5 and Lotus WordPro

dan carter daniel.carter at stonebow.otago.ac.nz
Fri Oct 24 00:47:13 EDT 1997

Hi, when i close wordpro, while rc5 is running, it hangs. Of course the
rest of the OS and apps keep running fine.
If i close rc5, or when it stops to pick up a new block from disk,
wordpro will then finish closing properly.

I looked at the threads running and can see the issue:
    Owner      T-ID  TSID  Prio   State   Block ID   System Time
User Time
 ------------  ----  ----  ----  -------  --------  -------------
-------------
 WORDPRO.EXE      1    76  0200  Ready    FE299BF0    0:00:02.00
0:00:01.87
                  2   117  0200  Blocked  FE0A84AC    0:00:00.00
0:00:00.00
                  3   118  0100  Ready    00000000    0:00:00.00
0:00:00.00
                  4   119  020F  Blocked  FFFE3682    0:00:00.00
0:00:00.00

There are 29 Processes with 114 Threads.

As you can see one of the processes is running at 100 priority (idle
priority, same as the rc5 client runs at). Presumably this is stalling
the shut down. But my question is, if it's at the same priority as rc5,
shouldn't it be sharing half the cpu with rc5. What seems to be
happening is that rc5 is getting 100% of the cpu, and wordpro none.

Can anybody see a solution to my problem, or know a os/2 command or
utility that i can use to bump up the priority of that wordpro thread?

Thanks
dan
|                  daniel carter                  |
|               phone +64 3 4736986               |
|        daniel.carter at stonebow.otago.ac.nz       |
|       1 crown st, dunedin, new zealand ;-}      |