[rc5] wrong winning key ?

David McNett nugget at slacker.com
Thu Oct 23 08:38:22 EDT 1997

Jo Hermans was heard saying:
>Sorry, but I noticed that the winning key mentioned in several
newsitems
>wasn't correct.
>
>The real one (according to my log, and the mails from Nugget) is :
>0x532B744CC20998
>
>The bad one is : 0x532B744CC20999 (last digit is wrong)

Actually, this is the result of an "off-by-one" error in the client.
We've known about it for quite some time, but since it's an error that
only happened once, it was not a top priority to fix.  :)  The logfile
was spit out on success after the key increments (to check the next
key) instead of before.

0x532B744CC20999 is *the* key.

-/\/