[rc5] CPU auto Detection routines...

oVeRFLoW jposada at las.es
Thu Oct 23 17:15:28 EDT 1997

    Hey, i got the new RC564 client yesterday, and, at the point of
configuring it.. i leave the cpu type to the program..
What a surprise that, 4 times I have tested it, it has selected 3
different cores... Starting from a 386-486 core, thru the K6 core,
ending with the Pentium MMX core.... and i got a PPro 200 !!!!! can this
problem be because i have overclocked it to 233 Mhz? I dunno...

    Referring to the Speed improvement, I find the new version a bit
faster, but not that awesome speed increases some people notice... Seems
the Wintel version code is pretty much more optimized than other
platforms'.

Greetz from Spain, and confratulations, Jo Hermans