[rc5] Client configuration question

Jim Ewald jewald at primenet.com
Thu Oct 23 20:41:58 EDT 1997

I am connecting through an ISP, so most of my keycracking is happening
off-line. I would like to configure the client to report completed blocks
when I go on-line and retain enough blocks to continue working off-line for
12 hours.

I have tried various threshold settings (10:2, 2:2...) but the client
doesn't seem to be inclined to report until the lower limit has been
exceeded. No problem there, but it stops checking keys when the lower
boundary is crossed regardless of how many blocks are left in the 'in' cache
file. I might be missing something here. Can anyone help me understand this?
TIA.

- Jim Ewald