[rc5] progress indicator

dan carter daniel.carter at stonebow.otago.ac.nz
Fri Oct 24 23:59:23 EDT 1997

I recall during the OS/2 GUI client testing that turing off the
progress indicator (ie. ....5%......10%...) realised a noticeable
performance increase.

While i expect such a performance hit will not be as big in text mode,
i was wondering if there were plans to incorporate the turning off of
the progress indicator into the main code base (viz. all the other
clients)