[rc5] Proxy Message

Rob Winters rob at annapurna.com
Fri Oct 24 09:48:38 EDT 1997

On Thu, 23 Oct 1997, Jim Ewald wrote:
> >>[10/24/97 04:52:08 GMT] The proxy says: "There can be only one.
> >This is a quote from highlander and wasn't directed to you ;-)

> Ahhh, that's a relief! I was expecting someone to show up with a sword and a
> few lightning bolts any time now. Now I am more confident in getting the
> rest of the machines set up. Thanks for the speedy reply.

The message that was really ticking me off was:

> [10/22/97 23:48:21 GMT] The proxy says: "It's time to move to a longer
                           key length! [slacker]"

Especially because it is followed by:

> [10/22/97 23:48:28 GMT] Sent 1 block(s) to server
> Unable to fetch more blocks, generating random block.
> Please look into correcting your network problems as soon as possible.

My feeling was (is?): Yes, there is a slacker, but No, it's not me!
I guess bovine.net is getting *lots* of hits now, since *lots* of people
are hard-coding it. Good luck getting them to change it back.

 /// Rob