[rc5] Let's factor RSA-155!

Randal E. Bradakis lsurfer at cris.com
Fri Oct 24 14:26:32 EDT 1997

On Thu, 23 Oct 1997 22:19:23 -0400, Ben Byer wrote:

>At 02:58 PM 10/24/97 +1300, dan carter wrote:
>>Let me put my vote in now for this project, sounds good!
>>
>>On Thu, 23 Oct 1997 21:10:09 -0400, Trei Family wrote:
>>>There's another target.
>>>
>>>* It's a lot easier than RC5/64 - it should take no longer than RC5/56.
>>>* It's got twice the prize money.
>>>* It's also sponsored by RSA.
>>>* It's important, both politically and for improving Internet security.
>>>
>>>It's the factorization of RSA-155.
>
>Not to be another "me, too!"er, but I think this would be great.  Some more
>advantages: (correct me if I'm wrong)

Very cool.  I'd be up for this as well.  I'm not in it for the money, either,
but for the charitable donation and the coolness factor (hey, why let your
computer get bored?).

Assuming this is implemented as a project, I'll be adding at least some of my
machines to it (at least the ones well-suited to it).  In the meantime, I'll
be cranking out some RC5-64 keys until the V3 setup is complete, and I can
switch machines over to RSA-512.

--
the Unsig