[rc5] Running client in background

The Master shepherd lyons at gruel.spc.uchicago.edu
Fri Oct 24 17:14:01 EDT 1997

On Fri, 24 Oct 1997, Gary McClellan wrote:

> I'd like to run my Linux RC5-64 client in the background (or for that matter,
> a detached OS/2 client); IOW, I don't need to see any screen update of it's
> progress, I can check a log file (or whatever) if necessary.
>
> I can't figure from the help which command line parameters to use to enable
> this.

If you have the program screen you can just run that then start the client and type ctrl-a ctrl-d to detach it. You can then reatach by running screen -r.

Also if you are using bash2 or zsh you can put the job in the bg and
then disown it.

Finaly you can just run the client and pipe the output to /dev/null
and then use ctrl-z to put it in the background and bg to start it
running again.

I can prove anything with research except the truth.

					 	Unknown.