[rc5] I'm in a weird mood... (long rant)

Dmitriy Bobkov dbobkov at raleigh.ibm.com
Fri Oct 24 17:14:06 EDT 1997

IBM...? Cows are already invaiding. :)

jeff at delta.com on 10/24/97 02:11:16 PM

Please respond to rc5 at llamas.net

To:   rc5 at llamas.net
cc:    (bcc: Dmitriy Bobkov/NWSMEL)
Subject:  Re: [rc5] I'm in a weird mood... (long rant)

>that we have no idea what our peak rate is.  You say that our growth had
>started to slow?  Fine, I say that we're the reason this happened.  (and
>really, if you look, our growth was still climbing daily right up until
the >end.

<snip of ways to up recruitment>

AMEN.

>However, the only real forms of recruitment we are using right now are
>limited entirely to high-tech channels utilized by high-tech people.

Has anyone recruited within the Microsoft upper management echelons, to get
a large number of the 20,000 desktop systems on the Redmond campus
involved?  Sell it as a marketing pitch.... Just like the Evangelistas, I
bet Bill Gatus of Borg would LOVE to be able to crow that it was WINDOWS NT
that cracked RC5-64 or RSA-155.   How about at Intel Corp, where they had
that 7,000+ Pentium Pro massively parallel wokrstation built as a demo of
what Intel chips could do?   IBM?  Surely there are a BUNCH of idle cpu
cycles there, too....

Sure, we've recruited as you've said, but there's far more we can do on
that order....

in the body.