[rc5] I'm in a weird mood... (long rant)

Stuart Anthony denitto at llamas.net
Fri Oct 24 17:33:09 EDT 1997

On Fri, 24 Oct 1997, Jeff Woods wrote:

> >that we have no idea what our peak rate is.  You say that our growth had
> >started to slow?  Fine, I say that we're the reason this happened.  (and
> >really, if you look, our growth was still climbing daily right up until the
> >end.
>
> <snip of ways to up recruitment>
>
> AMEN.
>
> >However, the only real forms of recruitment we are using right now are
> >limited entirely to high-tech channels utilized by high-tech people.
>
> Has anyone recruited within the Microsoft upper management echelons, to get
> a large number of the 20,000 desktop systems on the Redmond campus
> involved?  Sell it as a marketing pitch.... Just like the Evangelistas, I
> bet Bill Gatus of Borg would LOVE to be able to crow that it was WINDOWS NT
> that cracked RC5-64 or RSA-155.   How about at Intel Corp, where they had
> that 7,000+ Pentium Pro massively parallel wokrstation built as a demo of
> what Intel chips could do?   IBM?  Surely there are a BUNCH of idle cpu
> cycles there, too....

Personally, I have tried contacting the Public Relations and some techies
at:  IBM, M$, Cyrix, AMD, Motorola (Though I never got a response from
anyone there...it's tough to even get an email to reply to there), and
Intel.

--Pete

The cows are tromping all over America. Cows can replicate. They're
being born all over the world. There's plenty of beef available!
		-- US Representative Zoe Lofgren (D-Ca)