[rc5] The MAC 64 client, simply *WONT* talk!

James Mastros root at jennifer-unix.dyn.ml.org
Fri Oct 24 18:14:01 EDT 1997

On Fri, 24 Oct 1997 zudark at MIT.EDU wrote:
> >So my powermac is crunching a swag of random blocks
>
> Of course, at this point in such a large keyspace the odds that any of those
> random blocks overlaps anyone else's is pretty small (unless the random
> blocks are being drawn from a smaller portion of the keyspace)
>
> -ethan

Only keyblocks 100xxxxx:xxxxxxxx are picked by the random-blocks generator.
This still allows for a huge span of random blocks, but by reserving a
portion of the keyspace we should get less overlap, due to those blocks
never being haneded out.

	-=- James Mastros

---
		   Current Bovine Rate: ~5894.11 mkeys/sec
	       If Keys were dollars, we could pay off the U.S.
		       National Debt in 14.70 minutes.
     -=- http://rc5stats.distributed.net/statbar.html (Tue Oct 21 1997)