[rc5] The DOS client appears at last!

Jo Hermans Jo.Hermans at vub.ac.be
Sat Oct 25 15:15:35 EDT 1997

At 12:39 AM 10/26/97 +1300, daniel.carter at stonebow.otago.ac.nz wrote:
>Good work who ever the coder is, now i can get rid of windows form my
>spare games machine :)

Ah, did the newspapers in your country also print that my team "cracked
Windows 95" ? That's not directly true (it was told to the press by our
PR-dept), but I heard stories about real panic inside Microsoft Belgium ;-)
They seem that misunderstood that we broke into of their machines. I can
imagine that everybody was forced to change their password the next day ...
Who cares, as long as their Windooze 98 will be delayed (2098 ?)

On the other hand, you use the Bovine "brute force attack" against any
encryption algorithm. It's just a matter of patience : some will crack
sooner than others.

On a related question : if it's its true that it will take 1 million years
to break a military code (never mind from which country :), than I hope
that those idiots realise that we can still do it in a single year, when we
can recruit 1 million PC's (dream on ...).

--
Jo Hermans

System Manager WFS, VUB University, Brussels

Visit 'The Antwerp Blues Scene', http://www.innet.be/~jhermans/blues/