[rc5] Team not showing up in stats

Dave Avery cwax at pacbell.net
Sat Oct 25 18:28:45 EDT 1997

bclement at pcis.net wrote:

> Our team, rc5 at rlrnews.com isn't showing in the stats.  Anyone know
> why?

also for rc5-64 DO NOT use a team email  address -

each machine should use the address of the person responsible
for that machine.

here's a copy of the email from nugget:

I guarantee you'll see working 64-bit stats by the end of the weekend.
Most likely, some test pages will start appearing as early as tomorrow.
 I have been damn-near useless at the office the past few days and I've
got some serious catching up to do before I can devote the time
required to build a full-fledged stats system.

I am very excited at the prospect of a clean start on stats. No missing
week, no V1 informationally-challenged block submissions, full
CPU/OS/Version information from the start.  We've also got the perfect
opportunity to correct some of the glaring oversights we made the first
time around.

I CANNOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH: ***PLEASE USE YOUR OWN PERSONAL EMAIL
ADDRESS***

The way teams work from here on out will be completely different.  Each
individual participant will have access to their own individual stats,
hosts lists, etc based on their email address as configured in the
clients.  This will look/work very much like the team/email sections
did for 56-bit.  Additionally, however, each participant will have the
option of crediting their blocks toward a larger grouping.  This true
"teams" database will be handled seperately and will have no
relationship to client block submissions outside of each person being
able to associate to a specific team.

For instance, all of my clients will be configured to use my own email
address of "nugget at slacker.com".  I'll be assigned a password to access
my stats (like you are accustomed to seeing) and from the configuration
screen, I'll be able to pick which team I'm affiliated with.  That team
would instantly gain the benefit of my blocks, past and future for the
stats rankings.  If no team is chosen, my blocks would count towards
me, personally.

The teams database, however, does not exist yet (obviously).  Once that
functionality is built into the stats system you'll then be able to
affiliate yourself with the team of your choosing and all your blocks
will be attributed retroactively.