[rc5] Best setup for infrequent dial-up connection

Slim slim at ipapilot.org
Sun Oct 26 01:22:10 EST 1997

So if dial-on-demand is installed, there's no way to have the client look
for an existing dial-up connection without making one itself. What I'm
trying to avoid is saying, "Okay, Mom, now what you want to do is open a
command line and flush and refill your buffers with the -update switch." I
realize I could set up a shortcut or something, but ideally I'd like to
make it *completely* transparent. There are a bunch of computers I could
run this on if it required absolutely nothing from the computer's owner.
I'd let them know what it was and what it did, but I wouldn't expect them
to do anything in the way of maintenance or allow it to be at all
intrusive, by making unexpected dial-up connections for example.

Chris