[rc5] Multiple OSes

Stephen Langasek vorlon at dodds.net
Sun Oct 26 16:21:07 EST 1997

On Sun, 26 Oct 1997, Ranjit Annamalai wrote:

> I think they reccomend that if you run two copies on the same OS that
> you maintain seperate files and so I would assume that for two OS's you
> would want to keep seperate files as well.

This isn't a recommendation that I've ever heard...  I've been running
multiple systems off the same binary, same ini file, and same buffer files
for months without any sign of trouble.  In this case, the systems are
virtually identical (clearly, since they use the same binary), but there's
no reason I can think of that the ini files would need to be different for
different platforms.  If you've got stable NFS, I say go for it...

                             -Steve Langasek
-doink-