[rc5] Re: rc5-digest V1 #177

gordon grieder grub at grub.net
Mon Oct 27 08:05:33 EST 1997

From: Chris Arguin <Chris.Arguin at unh.edu> wrote:
> Just out of curiosity, can we and should we share ini files between two
> OSes on the same computer? Or should we maintain them seperately?

At our office, I have the "master" buffer files on a Novell 3.12 server.
They are saved as the default Windows names (BUFF-IN.RC5 and
BUFF-OUT.RC5).
Our Mac clients use the same directory, but have aliases ("shortcuts" to
Windows people) pointing to the Windows names.  The aliases are
"buff-in" anmd "buff-out": the Mac default names.

Lock the aliases and voila; all machines can use the same data files.

Now that the Mac personal proxy is under construction, my method will be
obsolete RSN...

--
gordon r. grieder                  <mailto:gordg at caprice.mb.ca>
network administrator                <http://www.caprice.mb.ca>