[rc5] v3

Ranjit Annamalai rxa21 at po.cwru.edu
Mon Oct 27 11:48:25 EST 1997

Richard Freeman wrote:

> On Sun, 26 Oct 1997, James Mastros wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 23 Oct 1997, Sebastian Kuzminsky wrote:
> > > jeff at delta.com (Jeff Woods) wrote:
> > >
> > 3) You can deduce the en passant allowablity from the layout (I think -- I'm
> >    not all that much of a chess player.)
> >
> You almost can - en passant is only allowed on the first move that it is
> possible.  Any client which sees each turn would know this.  Any which
> join in at mid-game would not know if the move had already expired.

You would need to store Castling settings as well since castling
requires that neither the king nor the rook has moved (they could move
back to their original position and a client joining mid game wouldn't
know).

--
R   a    n   j    i    t       A    n    n    a    m    a    l    a    i
Page me at 1-888-pagoo-44 id:4088935       http://www.netwalk.com/~meena