[rc5] smtp

Bill Plein bill at diablo.net
Mon Oct 27 11:46:54 EST 1997

Is anyone using the SMTP messaging successfully?

I've tried it on 2.0641 NT Service, and on 2.0641 Linux-Alpha, and aimed it
at my server and also tried it aimed at my friends, just in case it was
version specific.

Here is the output:

[10/27/97 19:39:26 GMT] Sent 2 block(s) to server
SMTP server error
Error in prepare_smtp_message
Mail::sendmessage 1 - Unable to send mail message
SMTP server error
Error in prepare_smtp_message
Mail::sendmessage 2 - Unable to send mail message
SMTP server error
Error in prepare_smtp_message
Mail::sendmessage 3 - Unable to send mail message.  Contents discarded.
SMTP server error
Error in prepare_smtp_message
Update completed.

Here is my ini file:

[parameters]
id=bill at diablo.net
threshold=100:5
count=0
hours=0
timeslice=65536
niceness=0
logname=
firemode=5
cputype=2
messagelen=10000
smtpsrvr=diablo.net
smtpport=25
smtpfrom=bill at diablo.net
smtpdest=bill at diablo.net
numcpu=1
checkpointfile=ckpoint.rc5
randomprefix=100
keyproxy=diablo.net
keyport=2064
uuehttpmode=0

Can anyone comment on this? I've had offline messages from others who
thought I was screwing up and leaving the smtpsrvr line at the default. It
is not htat. So what could it be?

--
Bill Plein
bill at diablo.net