[rc5] smtp

Ryan Anderson ryan at michonline.com
Mon Oct 27 16:26:23 EST 1997

On Mon, 27 Oct 1997, Bill Plein wrote:

> Is anyone using the SMTP messaging successfully?
>
> I've tried it on 2.0641 NT Service, and on 2.0641 Linux-Alpha, and aimed it
> at my server and also tried it aimed at my friends, just in case it was
> version specific.

Are you sharing the log file with another copy of the program.  (I'm
running it here so that I have 3 clients sharing a logfile.  when I run a
fourth client with a -update and a separate logfile I consistently get the
results of my -update sent to me.  When I had it using the same log file I
never got anything.  I also appear to be getting logfile results from only
one client.)    My guess is that the clients are keeping the logfile open
continuosly, thus preventing any other client from opening the logfile for
reading and sending out.

Something to consider.

Ryan Anderson - PGP fp: 7E 8E C6 54 96 AC D9 57  E4 F8 AE 9C 10 7E 78 C9
RSA in Perl: (Export violations for the lazy)