[rc5] "-nofallback" parameter

Tim Charron tcharron at interlog.com
Mon Oct 27 21:02:32 EST 1997

> >-nofallback: Usually, after failed server connection attempts, an
> >             attempt to rc5proxy.distributed.net will be made.  This
> >             will disable this behaviour.
> Is there a way to set this parameter in the .ini-file? I would like to run
> all clients with this option, so they only use our personal-proxy.

Not yet.  Sorry.

What you can do, however, is have your personal proxy listen on a
non-standard port of your choice.  If the clients fallback to
rc5proxy.distributed.net, they won't get any response on the
non-standard port.  The effect will be that they will only get keys
from your personal proxy.

-- Tim
Tim Charron
tcharron at interlog.com