[rc5] IRC as primary means of communications.

James Mastros root at jennifer-unix.dyn.ml.org
Mon Oct 27 22:49:04 EST 1997

On Mon, 27 Oct 1997, Ranjit Annamalai wrote:

> > There is nothing wrong with thinking in USA-centric mode; I live in the
> > USA so naturally I would think that way.  When I live in Germany, I think
> > in Germany-centric mode.  There's now way I can know if you are in CET,
> > PST, or GMT.

Umm... If you read the date & recived headers, they likely give the time
with a timezone pegged on.  You can generally assume that that is the tz
that the mailserver is in, and thus likely the writer lives in that tz.  A
bit unrelible, but normaly good.  Also, many people mention where they live
in their signature.

	-=- James Mastros
> R   a    n   j    i    t       A    n    n    a    m    a    l    a    i
---
		   Current Bovine Rate: ~5894.11 mkeys/sec
	       If Keys were dollars, we could pay off the U.S.
		       National Debt in 14.70 minutes.
     -=- http://rc5stats.distributed.net/statbar.html (Tue Oct 21 1997)