[rc5] IRC as primary means of communications.

Chris Grantham casper at optima.mme.wsu.edu
Tue Oct 28 06:53:33 EST 1997

Rob Winters wrote:

> I think the original point of this thread was a gripe that IRC is a
> less
> than optimal method for reliably posting a problem, question, or
> comment,
> and getting a response. I concur. E-mail is a reasonable least common
> denominator, not IRC (or anything else real-time). I think that the
> developers should adapt to communicate with their user base if they
> want a
> user base.

"The developers" recognize this as a problem, and have taken steps to
fix it. Me. I monitor all list messages, and alert "the developers" to
anything they need to be alerted to, espescially new client requests,
and bugs in current clients.

> The response I've heard so far is effectively "too bad". That will
> probably be my response to RC5-64 too, unless the Mac client doesn't
> cease
> to be such a pain in the neck. But hey, this isn't IRC, so what's the
> point of discussing it?

Hmm. Maybe you could be a little more specific, and we'll see what we
can do?

--
|Chris Grantham, a.k.a. Zefram  |