[rc5] Distributed Chess Was: Re:v3 (Resending, I think first one failed)

Tue Oct 28 15:28:36 EST 1997

On Tue, 28 Oct 1997 12:37:33 -0600, Lathrop  Preston wrote:

>I think you math is wrong on sending the entire game.

If a move takes ten bits a game of 100 moves should take 1000 bits or
125 bytes.  Lets see, an X.25 packet is 128bytes.  Ok, I was a little
optimistic.  Only about eighty moves per packet.

Skip Huffman
Carreker-Antinori
Atlanta Office
Quality Group
"A penny saved may be a penny earned, but it's a waste of
 a deposit slip and it really pisses off the tellers."