[rc5] Block size

Bill Plein bill at diablo.net
Tue Oct 28 13:59:55 EST 1997

>>Share blocks? Not after what they did last time (or so I hear). It sounded
>>like they started late, knew that we had checked X% of the keyspace, and
>>decided they didn't have to check those blocks. That was one-way sharing.
>>Forget it.
>
>Well, it's nothing to get in a tissy over.  I mean, wouldn't you do the
>same?  You'd be a fool not to.

Then why give them free blocks? Huh? What type of contest is it in which
all the players help each other? Will you send your blocks through my
per-proxy so I can change them to my blocks?

Competition is what makes products better. We cooperate within the greater
Bovine team, but why should we help them?

If being FIRST doesn't mean anything, why don't we just keep trying keys
for RC5-56? how about 40? You see, it is the competition that DRIVES us to
write better clients, better proxies. And giving away blocks for free to
the competition is wasteful welfare.

--
Bill Plein
bill at diablo.net