[rc5] RC64 keyspace

Joseph Fisk joe at rm405n-a.roberts.fit.edu
Wed Oct 29 06:16:56 EST 1997

On Tue, 28 Oct 1997, Bill Plein wrote:

> While I think it is important to run these type of numbers, has anyone
> thought about this in the "real world".
>
> Minimum byte examples do NOT help you in the real world. Such data isn't
> indexed; it cannot be viewed easily.

Yes, I have thought about that.  If you are tracking allocation of blocks
in a file of minimum possible size, random access is still of course
possible.  Just jump to the 2N bit to find the 2 bits relevant to block N.

Obviously there is some serious storage capacity at Bovine, because they
are definitely keeping track of far, far more than just the allocation of
blocks.

Joseph