[rc5] RC64 keyspace

Bill Plein bill at diablo.net
Tue Oct 28 19:33:39 EST 1997

>Yes, I have thought about that.  If you are tracking allocation of blocks
>in a file of minimum possible size, random access is still of course
>possible.  Just jump to the 2N bit to find the 2 bits relevant to block N.

so now jump to the next block by bill at diablo.net.

Nope, you gotta do a scan of all the entries between here and there.

>Obviously there is some serious storage capacity at Bovine, because they
>are definitely keeping track of far, far more than just the allocation of
>blocks.

Yup, I agree.

I ran a top-level proxy for quite a while during the first run at RC5-56. I
put together a single, non-optimized table (the data wasn't normalized).
And my estimate on that data was 21Gig of MSSQL database utilization for
the entire keyspace, unindexed.

I figured that indexed, it would go up from there, but normalization could
reduce it. It was still going to be gigabytes.

--
Bill Plein
bill at diablo.net
PGP Key: