[rc5] Running client in background

Holger Lamm holger at e-technik.uni-kl.de
Mon Oct 27 10:27:50 EST 1997

On Fri, 24 Oct 1997, Gary McClellan wrote:

> I'd like to run my Linux RC5-64 client in the background (or for that matter,
> a detached OS/2 client); IOW, I don't need to see any screen update of it's
> progress, I can check a log file (or whatever) if necessary.
>
> I can't figure from the help which command line parameters to use to enable
> this.

I run it with "nohup ./rc564 &" or "nohup ./rc564 >/dev/null &". Makes it
run even when you log out. Useful for university workstations where you
can't be logged on all day. (I have made a cronjob there to tun it
overnight, because some people were confused having a load of 1 all day
long).
 To stop it, find out its process number with "ps -aux | grep rc564" and
send it a "kill <number>".

Holger

--
Windows95: <win-doz-nin-te-fiv> n.
  32 bit extensions and a graphical shell for a 16 bit patch to an