[rc5] Linux-mt => Linux SMP?

Slim slim at ipapilot.org
Wed Oct 29 10:14:04 EST 1997

I downloaded and have been using the multi-threaded version of the Linux
client on various single-processor Linux boxes. I was under the impression
that the multi-threading did more than just allow more than one
code-crunching thread to be running; it would allow networking stuff to be
happening while code crunching continued, so that there would be benefits
to running it on single-processor machines.

Now I see that the link to the multi-threaded version is called "Linux
SMP," which might lead one to infer that it was only intended for SMP
machines.

So what's the deal?

Chris Johnson