[rc5] Distributed Chess camps

Wed Oct 29 10:36:02 EST 1997

On Wed, 29 Oct 1997 10:21:41 -0500, Christopher Hodson (Consultant)
wrote:

>2. treat chess as a computer problem to be solved.
>
>I find myself in camp #2, but either way, we should begin with WHAT
>we are going to do before we try to get into implementation details
>such as how many bits to use.

Not exactly.  Some of us want to treat chess as a *distributed*
computer problem to be solved.

Heck my old Atari video game from the 1970's played chess.  I want to
see how a quite complex but well understood problem can be analyzed in
a distributed environment.

By analyzing the issue of chess, we will be more able to understand and
apply distributed computing to other issues.  Perhaps El Ni¤o.

Skip Huffman
Carreker-Antinori
Atlanta Office
Quality Group
"A penny saved may be a penny earned, but it's a waste of
 a deposit slip and it really pisses off the tellers."