[rc5] smtp

James Mastros root at jennifer-unix.dyn.ml.org
Wed Oct 29 17:41:17 EST 1997

On Mon, 27 Oct 1997, Bill Plein wrote:
> So the only thing I can think of right now is that there is a timing issue
> (I'm too close i.e. FAST to my server) with particular flavors of sendmail.
>
> I tried a server "near" me across a 64kbit ISDN line, and it did NOT work,
> as a few others did not, but his does. Hmmmm..

I'm running linux 2.1.60, "RC5-64 v2.6401 client", and "ESMTP Sendmail
8.8.6/8.8.6".  My rc564.ini looks like (with some snipage):
[parameters]
id=root at jennifer-unix.dyn.ml.org
messagelen=10000
smtpsrvr=localhost
smtpport=25
smtpfrom=rc5
smtpdest=root

So it looks like closeness isn't a problem, since I'm mailing from me to me
through me <G>.

---
When the annals of distributed computing are written, and the name 'Bovine'
appears in there, I can say "Hey, I was a part of that, I checked .0012% of
the keyspace".
	-=- Brian Wilson <wilsonb at mindspring.net>
Go to www.distributed.net before I come make you!