[rc5] Hmmm.. rc5-chess@llamas.net Please!

Ray Vanlandingham jamesrv at awod.com
Wed Oct 29 22:48:21 EST 1997

>>  Hey Eric.... Don't you have a class to go to or something?
>
>The subject has "chess" in it.  If you don't like it, don't read it.

I think he was joking. :)

>The discussion is how to apply Distributed Computing to chess and this
>maillist exists for the discussion of Distributed.Net applications.
>The emphasis is on RC-5 but general discussion of distributed
>applications has always been encouraged.  So Distributed Chess is on
>topic.

Actually, I think another mailing list would be a really good idea,
especially considering how this topic has taken off. Perhaps not one
specifially for distributed chess, but a distributed.net list for general
distributed computing applications, and reserve this list for just rc5-64?
I think this list is getting enough traffic that that would be justified.

>And isn't this better than YAPW (Yet Another Platform War)?

Less entertaining, but more informational. :)

>Now if we were discussing chess strategies or players, than we would be
>out of line.  We are not.

Ray Vanlandingham