[rc5] [admin] Stats, and Teams, and Blocks! Oh My!

Stephen Langasek vorlon at dodds.net
Thu Oct 30 12:06:50 EST 1997

On Thu, 30 Oct 1997, Mikus Grinbergs wrote:

> I liked the RC5-56 methodology, where each member could individually
> update the rc5.ini file to specify "team I belong to".
>
> Now one has to go through a central registry, with passwords and
> whatnot.  Bureaucracy lives !!

There's nothing in the current method which prevents someone from creating
a team just as before--where the same email address is set up in every
client running for that team.  The new setup is simply more flexible,
because those who want to contribute to a team without losing their shot
at the money can now do so.

                               -Steve Langasek
-doink-