[rc5] where where where

Brian Greul (Exch) bbraf08 at exch-imc.b-r.com
Fri Oct 31 15:09:46 EST 1997

It just seems like perhaps the priority for getting proxy clients up and
running might need some reordering.
I haven't seen the breakdown of the client types.
But my guess is that wintel clients account for a large percentage of
the machines in this project.

Further, I am not sure I understand the holdup on revising the code.
Unless they are going to tackle the http/proxy issue (which hasn't
worked yet) the change to handle 64 bit keys from 56 bit keys should
have been pretty simple.
It should have only involved a modification of a variable.
After all, personal proxy clients don't do anything other than act as a
buffer for people trapped behind a firewall.

I'd handle the issue myself, but specifications and source code have
been a little elusive.

Of course, I don't EXPECT anybody to do anything.... we are all
volunteers here.
But, if you are truly concerned with maintaining momentum then a little
promptness might be in order.
We are losing people on a daily basis.
For everyday that a client can't be run, you are going to lose a certain
percentage of that audience.
That's the unfortunate reality of population statistics.
Right now we can't afford to lose anyone (unless someone figures out how
to make cpu's crunch faster).
YT,
Brian