[rc5] progress

Eric Leblanc jughead at generation.net
Fri Oct 31 18:51:00 EST 1997

Eric Schaefer wrote:

> > Steve Trottier wrote:
> > >
> > > Hey, everyone! We're one ten-thousandth of the way through the keyspace.
> > > Congrats!
> >
> > Yeah, still 10000 days to go...
> ??? you mean probably 10000 times 8 days (thats how long rc564 runs) for
> complete keyspace, makes 40000 days for 50%...

I am a bit embarrassed about this...my fuzzy logic circuit must be
burned out. ;)

Actually, the rate at first wasn't what it is now so we could guestimate
around 79300 days to completion at the current rate. I just hope we can
increase the rate by a good factor so that i can see the message in my
lifetime.

Eric